Well, Its Finally Friday---it has been a long week. I looked forward to Friday and here it is and it has been a great Friday.
Went to work, did my job, met all the goals set for this week - as a matter of fact was more than two times over goal. That made me proud. Always makes you feel good when you get a pat on the back.
Got home from work, settled in with a cold beverage and the phone rang. It was the "Grand Girls" letting me know they had arrived home from camp safely. They had a really good time. I had worried about them getting homesick - but that was ot the case. If the truth were known they probably didn't even think about home all week.
Got on the internet read some blogs and emails. I have never been much for emails - I love to get them but have trouble answering them. I am trying to improve. On one of the blogs I read was a cute story and I thought I would share it with you.
We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season.
Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill.
Here comes the important part:
(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(10) Everyone PRAISES and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.'
And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....
I thought it was cute.
I am still tweaking my blog - I have music on my post from yesterday so if you go back to yesterday you can see the new pics I put on there and listen to the music. My fellow chatters and RV friends (from Branson) will know why I picked it.
And folks, In the words of my Father, "That's it For Today".